THE OATMEAL DIET
The oatmeal diet is not actually a diet, but a way to start the day healthy. Oatmeal is a very good basis for breakfast. It contains a lot of vitamin B1, magnesium and phosphorus and it also makes you feel full. You can eat on it all morning without getting hungry. Oatmeal is also good for the digestive system.
How to lose weight with Oatmeal?
Weight loss with the help of the oatmeal diet is mainly achieved by avoiding other sweets and snacks. Oatmeal does contain some calories, but compared to other snacks, this is often much less. The result is weight loss. The weight loss will mainly consist of loss of fat. Because oats contain a lot of protein, there will be no muscle breakdown during the oatmeal diet. Oatmeal alone will not make you lose a lot of weight, but it is a good addition to a diet.
Advantages of Oatmeal Diet
Oatmeal has even more benefits;
- It contains a lot of fiber, which promotes intestinal function and prevents constipation.
- Oatmeal is full of proteins, these proteins provide a feeling of satiety. You can also eat oatmeal before exercise.
- It contains few calories. There are 350 calories in 100 grams of oatmeal, this seems like a lot, but processed in a porridge this is not that much.
- Oatmeal causes a slight increase in blood sugar. This prevents the well-known sugar dip, and prevents you from wanting to snack on something tasty.
- Don’t bathe it, don’t harm it. Oatmeal is said to reduce the risk of various cancers, including colon cancer.
- You can use oatmeal in face masks. Mix oatmeal with lukewarm water in a cup and add some honey. Mix it all up. The mask nourishes the skin and removes dead skin cells.
Disadvantages of the Oatmeal Diet
- The oatmeal diet is not actually intended for weight loss, but it does give you support during the weight loss process.
- By adding oatmeal to your daily diet, you will find that you want to snack less, but you will not lose many kilos with it.
- Oatmeal is also a healthy start to the day. For example, by eating oatmeal for breakfast, you will not feel hungry for a long time. This will help you lose weight but won’t make a difference.
THE OATMEAL DIET ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH!
If you would like to lose more than 3 kilos, you cannot do that by following the oatmeal diet alone. You will have to follow another method next to it to lose more weight permanently. A good method is the Weight Loss Recipes Bible.
Recipes for the Oatmeal Diet
The Weight Loss Recipes Bible by Oscar Helm offers more than 100 healthy recipes to lose up to 8 pounds per month. The advantage of this is that you do not have to suffer from hunger and that the lost kilos do not come back. The diet is also varied and you will not lack nutrients. This allows you to lose weight quickly and permanently.
1. Oatmeal Porridge Quick Recipe
Initially, you can make the old-fashioned oatmeal porridge with oatmeal. To do this, add 250 ml of milk to 40 grams of oatmeal. Heat everything until the oat fiber has absorbed the milk. If you want a firmer porridge, add 50 grams of oatmeal and 250 ml of milk. Finally, add cinnamon powder to the porridge and enjoy. As a variation you can add pieces of fruit to the porridge, but I personally find it best with only cinnamon powder.
2. Oatmeal Cookies and Pancakes Recipe
You can also make cookies and pancakes with oatmeal. There are countless recipes for making oatmeal cookies. However, be careful not to add too much sugar to the dough and butter. This still makes the cookies calorie bombs. Oatmeal pancakes are made by mixing 100 grams of oatmeal with 200 ml of milk, 1 egg and a pinch of salt or cinnamon. If you don’t want to use regular milk, you can also use 200 ml of almond milk or soy milk. Of course there are all kinds of variations on these pancakes, such as pancakes with apple and cinnamon or with red fruit.
3. Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
To do this, add 250 ml of low-fat yogurt to 2 tablespoons of oatmeal. This is the basics. You can make this smoothie according to your own choice. Choose a type of fruit, for example banana or strawberry. Add 100 grams of this to the oatmeal and low-fat yogurt. Depending on the type of fruit, you can add a spoonful of honey. Then mix everything in the blender and you have a delicious healthy oatmeal smoothie for breakfast.