Diabetic-Friendly Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe
Desserts are just great temptations when a person has diabetes. Diabetes may seem like a disease that will limit a person’s way of living life. However, many diabetic patients swear their disease is really bearable as long as there is proper management. This means that a diabetic must be careful in the food that is consumed.
One of the favorite desserts of all time is the cheesecake. Its luxurious blend of cream cheese, crust, and toppings are just too hard to say no too. Since it is a dessert and sugar is definitely used in it, diabetics must often say no and torture themselves with the need to abstain from this dessert. Finding the right place where diabetic-friendly cheesecakes are sold is the key.
Knowing what goes into the cheesecake is the key. Many use ordinary graham crackers as the base of their crust. This can be improved. Whole wheat crackers are a healthier option. The commercial crust is usually loaded with fat, salt, and sugar, as it was made from a crust base commonly seen in stores. Whole wheat crackers used as base contain loads of fiber and also come with more flavor.
When it comes to the cream cheese fillings, diabetic-friendly bakeries make sure all these are made especially for the delicate diabetic patient. This means giving attention to the dietary requirements with an emphasis on the amount of sugar placed in the filling. Many diabetic-friendly bakeries use sugar alternatives to sweeten the filling without having to use normal amounts of sugar as these are harmful to the diabetics.
Today you will be having a wonderful day because you are going to prepare a low carbohydrate cheesecake with me. People who are suffering from diabetes stay away from carbohydrates and sugar-rich food items. But, if you are diabetic and thinking about cheesecake, then the recipe which I am going to share in this article will calm down your craving. It is so because this recipe will contain low carbs and no sugar. Wear your Waterproof Shirt Saver Bib and get ready to have delicious diabetic-friendly cheesecake.
That means you can eat freely what you eat. Moreover, these things generally need an oven for baking. But, in my recipe, we are not going to use the oven. Isn’t it amazing?
Now, say yes to cheesecake! This cheesecake recipe is so simple and delicious that everybody will love to prepare it. Here, we are not just eliminating the big complications but also reducing sugar and carbohydrate levels.
Low-Carb Instant Cheesecake
No-bake instant delicious cheesecake with low-carb and low-sugar will take less heat to cook inside the pressure cooker. This cheesecake will take 10 minutes to prepare, and the serving size will be one Slice.
This one slice will contain 209 calories, 30 g Fat, 17 g Saturated Fat, 5g carb, 6 g Protein, and 3 g Sugar. This Cheesecake requires seven ingredients and two items as a topping,
- 16 Oz. Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Granulated Natural Sweetener
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Lemon Zested
- 1 Tsp. Orange Zest
- Large size eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Two Tsp. Granulated Natural Sweetener
- Start it with the preparation of a 6″ spring form or push pan by wrapping foil around the bottom. After that, cut the parchment paper and take out some pieces to line the inside edges of the pan. Make sure to leave a few inches of parchment above the edge of the pan. After this sprays little amount of no-stick cooking oil at the bottom of the pan and keep it aside.
- Take a large size bowl, pour 16 Oz. Cream cheese and mix it with 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Sweetener, 1/4 C. heavy cream, 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla, 1 Tsp. Orange zest, lemon zest and finally start beating the mixture until you get a smooth and creamy solution.
- Move on to the next step, start adding eggs one by one and start stirring until they just combined. Make sure to do not over stir the eggs.
- Take the mixture and pour it inside the prepared pan, and then lay a paper towel over the parchment. Get a piece of foil and weight it down.
- Take a 1 1/2 C. of water and place it at the base of the instant pot and then carefully lower the cheesecake into the instant pot with the help of the wire steaming rack.
- Set the lid and let the steam prepare inside and sealed inside the pot. Now, set the instant pot to manual for 35 minutes only.
- For the time when the cheesecake is cooking inside the pot, take a bowl and beat together 1/2 C. sour cream and 1 tsp. Sweetener. This solution will be used for the purpose of topping. Keep it aside.
- When 35 minutes over, do not immediately take out your cheesecake. Leave it inside the steam and under pressure for at least 15 minutes.
- Once it is done, and then carefully takes out your cheesecake from the pot.
Well, this cheesecake is still incomplete. Bring your topping solution and spread it on the top of the cheesecake. Leave it inside the refrigerator for 7 hours. Now, finally, take it out from the refrigerator and enjoy the taste.